Thursday, August 23, 2012

I found this in the draft file,thought i'd share ....

As i said once before, or did i .... my life is just a little different from the average American .... in fact at the moment i live closer to some of the third world than my neighbors .

Here is my washing machine ... yes, it is outside. A fact which embarrasses my youngest to no end. I have a perfectly good washer in side one of my trailers, however there is no water in that trailer (wait there is not water in my other side either ;0) Some thing that was meant for a temporary stop gap seems to be a permanent fixture to my life. There is a story here ...

During the 'Great Freeze' of 2011 something inside the washer broke making laundry an interactive activity. Everything works except the thing that tells the water to shut off when it has filled. Sooooo to do a load of laundry i turn on the hose let the washer fill, shut off the water when the machine starts to agitate. Remember to go out and turn on the water for the rinse and off when the agitation starts again .... Today i did five loads of laundry. Do not think this activity will make it into a recognized sport, but i did get some exercise!

I am going to continue this in a series of randomness (I do not believe that that was a real word! i used it once in a school paper and was docked points for making up a word -- the world has finally caught up to my way of thinking 37 years later)

Yesterday was my day off and on those days i tend to think ... or talk to my self which ever ... first off i decided that i am a 'mind writer' i write things in my head all the time ... 99.9% of that writing never hits paper. The loss of some of it is the world's loss, believe me. The rest is much like what is here ...

Most of what i think is mulled over then placed on a mind shelf and re-visited from time to time, or not. However yesterday i was re-visiting conversations; verbal and written, of the past few days. The conversations were on communication. The need for people to be authentic in what is being shared, the loss of one-on-on conversation, and how the loss of eye contact allows people to be more aggressive and less sincere .... i got to thinking about something i shall call 'verbal shorthand' where i say something with all my thoughts, knowledge and experiences behind what i am saying with out express those thought, knowledge and experiences and expecting the hearer to know what i am saying. And the hearer is hearing with their thoughts, knowledge and experiences (possibly different from mine)

No comments: