Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Weather coming in

According to the weather man there is snow for the northern part of the state, this afternoon as i watched my neighbors fill my water tanks the wind had a big nip in it. Guess this is the end of indian summer, before i left for work tonight i covered the tomato bushes with sheets, in the hope of getting a few more vine ripe ones.
Being with out water for almost a week is a journey did not realize i had a hand washing fetish. If i was just keeping the house going it would not be much to think about. Three horses drink lots of water.... thank God there are neighbors like the ones next door. They have filled my tanks twice during this time and they are planning on keeping me in water till i get my well up and going. I brought in @15 gallons for the house, dishes, bath, toity, dogs & cats. believe i have less than 5 left. Been thinking there needs to be axcess to the water that is not dependent on a pump.
In days of old they got water out of the ground just fine, i only have to dig 150 feet straight down. LOL
I bought this property knowing there would be up-keep, this past few weeks i realized how much... windows need plastic for the winter, roof needs to be patched, lean-to roof also. fencing needs to go up, got news that the colt is coming back and a whole pasture needs to be put in to keep him in. this would be something if i had a clue how to do all this..... but like most everything else if you think about it you can figure it out. there are some disadvantages for being raised a princess..... daddy never taught me to swing a hammer or fix a toilet, gotten fairly good at both.
Decided to try to eat raw for at least part of my week, that means dehydrating the goodies from the garden and learning to rehydrate things without cooking. If i fail at this i'll have lots of soup stuff. Also been making my own bread, haven't gotten the fluffy down, but made some good sandwhich stuff.

No comments: