Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year, New Thoughts

Just finishing the third graveyard shift this week, then home to bed to be back at work at 2pm today, and again at 6am on sunday.................. this week is wearing me down .......... Next pay period I start two graveyards a week again ........ Getting toooooo old for these kind of turn-arounds.

Enjoyed Christmas with the grand kids and most of my kids...... Could of watched them interact for a few more days before I came back to my world. The big city was a very busy place to be, everyone having somewhere to go .....

Got back to frozen pipes, stopped up sewage and snow !!! Got the water going, the sewage unblocked (uck) and the snow is almost all gone, just in time for sunday's storm. My car which I asked God for 'a few more days till I go on vacation', went down for the count on sunday when i was coming home from small group. Beautiful night, stars out and crystal clear. Nada dog and i enjoyed the wait for the tow truck. I was extra lucky, being part of the system, I got a deputy dispatched right after the wrecker, so I got to stay warm for the wait. Do not know the extent of the problem, but it will be major.

Schedule change left me working instead of going to a friend's for dinner on monday, surprise, surprise, both ladies showed up with turkey dinner, desert, and keys to a pick up so I am not on foot.... Kinda nice to realize that at my age I have acquired some totally awesome friends.

Got news another friend is in the hospital with possible cardiac, have not been able to get back with her LOL!!!! maybe in the afternoon today.....

I got a 3 month subscription to a dating site from a co-worker for birthday/Christmas gift .... that is a whole new bundle of sticks ..... I can not seem to get a picture on the site .... everything on my computer is not the right format !!!! It is weird to see all those people looking for someone, and it is kinda like shopping when you go in and read the profiles; look good, fit the right questions, write the right words, live in the right area ......... talk about an area for major rejection.

Needing to get ready for my replacement to come in, and run as fast as I can to bed so I can be back in 8 hrs. The dogs are really going to love this one.

Life is fun, just wish I could use my definition of fun, not this mixed up one ......

No comments: